My son has a Motorola Moto G. While running a Android system update the Moto G would not power on. How frustrating. I found the following remedy that worked:
- Plug it into the charger.
- Hold the VOL DOWN key.
- While still holding the VOL DOWN key, press and hold the POWER key.
- Hold both keys down for over 120 seconds. This is more than two minutes and will seem like a long time. You might want to time yourself to make sure you hold it longer than two minutes.
- After holding the keys down for more than two minutes, release them.
- The Flash Boot screen will display, and the Normal Reboot option will be highlighted.
- Press the VOL UP key and the device will start a normal reboot.
If you have tried the above and it didn’t work, try this:
- Plug in the phone for 15 minutes.
- Proceed to Step 2 above.
I hope that Motorola releases an update that fixes this issue.